This delicious lemon drizzle cake recipe is super easy and produces a delicious, moist cake.
- 225g / 8oz unsalted butter
- 310g / 11oz caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225g / 8oz flour
- 1 ½ Lemons
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- Heat oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Beat together the butter and 225g of caster sugar until pale and creamy. Then add the eggs.
- Sift in the flour, then add the finely grated zest of 1 lemon and mix until well combined.
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper, then spoon in the mixture and level the top with a spoon.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a thin skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling in its tin, mix together the juice of 1 1/2 lemons and the remaining 85g caster sugar to make the drizzle.
- Prick the warm cake all over with a skewer orfork, then pour over the drizzle – the juice will sink in and the sugar will form a lovely, crisp topping.
- Leave in the tin until completely cool, then remove and serve.
Download Lemon Drizzle Cake recipe