These simple to prepare and delicious cupcakes come straight from the Paul Young cook book!
Watch the video of Paul and Tara making them.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Three eggs
- 175g / 6oz butter
- 175g / 6oz golden caster sugar
- 150g / 5oz self-raising flour
- 80g/ 2oz white chocolate, melted
- One tbsp red gel colouring or 40ml of red food colouring
- 12 cupcake cases
- 12 hole muffin tin
For the icing
- 150g / 5oz butter
- 200g cream cheese
- 150g / 5oz icing sugar
- Heat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4.
- Put 12 cupcake cases into the muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light in colour and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer or a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork and then beat them into the butter and sugar mixture, a little at a time. If it looks like it might curdle add a tablespoon of flour.
- Sift flour into mixture and fold in. Stir in the melted chocolate and food colouring.
- Scoop into muffin cases and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. Paul’s top tip: you can use an ice-cream scoop to get the perfect quantity into every cupcake case!
- In a clean bowl, combine butter and cream cheese then incorporate icing sugar.
- Frost the cupcakes and decorate as desired.
Download Paul Young's red velvet cupcake recipe