We love this chunky pecan tart recipe - it's scrummy and easy to make.
One slice is never enough!
- 375g / 13oz pastry
- 185g / 6oz dark chocolate
- 50g / 2 oz salted butter
- 4 eggs
- 200ml maple syrup
- 200g / 7oz whole pecan nuts
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- Heat oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Fill the tart with baking paper and baking beans, bake for 25 mins, then remove the baking paper and beans.
- Continue to cook for 10 mins more until golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a large bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk the eggs and maple syrup together, then stir into the chocolate with most of the nuts.
- Pour into the tart shell, top with the remaining nuts and bake for 30-40 mins until set.
Download Pecan and Chocolate Tart recipe
See more recipes