Here are some tasty tips to help make your baking efforts a real success. Good luck and have fun!
Download our fundraising leaflet
Think about where to hold your Bake Club event:
- Local community centre
Timing is everything...
For a successful Bake Club fundraiser, choose a time of day when your friends, family or colleagues are likely to be able to attend – usually when they are feeling a little peckish!
Let people know
- Round up other bakers to ensure you have plenty to sell (and eat!) on the day of your event.
- Make sure you let people know nice and early so lots of guests will be able to try your yummy treats and make a donation.
- Promote the event with the poster provided in our fundraising materials.
- Let us know about your event! Register online, call us on 020 7404 0808 or email email@example.com and we can support you.
Use your own recipe or download one of ours! Celebrity chefs James Martin and Nadia Sawalha have kindly provided some tasty recipes for you to try. And, if you’re up for the challenge, why not try and decorate your cake in the theme of Mr. Men & Little Miss!
- Try savoury too
There are lots of different things you can bake; it doesn’t have to be all about cake! You could have a go at sausage rolls, breads and even pies!
- Spread the word - #backeclub
When you have finished your baking masterpieces, make sure you take photos and upload them to Twitter and Facebook adding our #bakeclub hashtag so that we can see all of the fun you are having!
Your Bake Club event
- Decorate your venue with our poster (PDF) and bunting (PDF)
- Invite friends to get involved and have a bake off
- Have a competition for the most interesting combination of flavours or the most beautifully presented baked goods
- Bake a special cake for Guess the weight of the cake. Entries cost £1 and the person with the most accurate guess wins the cake
- Hold a raffle. Ask friends, family or local businesses to donate prizes, then sell tickets during your event
- Sell drinks such as hot chocolate, tea and coffee to raise even more dough!
- Think about where to hold your Bake Club event
Email your Bake Club event photos and we'll add you to our Baker's Gallery
More fundraising materials
We are here to help
Contact us on 020 7404 0808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know about your Bake Club event. We will be happy to help and can provide additional resources.
Share your photos!
We love to hear your fundraising stories and see your photos. Share them on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/childrenwithcanceruk or tweet @CwC_UK with the hashtag #showusyourcake
Read more: Bake Club fundraising materials | Who you're helping | After your event | Bake Club photos