Summer Grand Draw – Terms and conditions
1. By entering the Summer Grand Draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The cost of each entry is £1 and tickets can either be purchased in paper form through returning the raffle ticket book, over the telephone through ringing 0345 601 6936, online by visiting www.childrenwithcancer.org.uk/grand-draw or by text message. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance. Players of Children with Cancer UK Weekly Lottery will automatically be allocated one entry into the Summer Grand Draw for each Weekly Lottery entry.
3. Entering by text message costs £10, plus your standard network rate, and means that you have purchased ten entries per text message sent. Of that £10, Children with Cancer UK will receive £7.80 from all major networks or £4.20 from Virgin (inc VAT).
4. Not to be sold by or to anyone under 16 years of age or outside Great Britain (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands). You must be over 18 years of age to enter by text message. Children with Cancer UK reserves the right to confirm that these criteria are met and any person found not to meet these criteria will not be entered into the Summer Grand Draw and automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
5. The Summer Draw opens at 12.01am on 24 June and closes at midnight on 26 August 2016. Winners will be selected at random by computer software on 12 September 2016 from all valid entries received by the closing date. Any money received after the closing date will be used to help fund Children with Cancer UK’s vital work.
6. The winners will be notified within two working days from the draw, using the phone number provided the time of entry. In the event that contact with the winner cannot be made within a further ten working days or the winner is found not to meet the entry requirements, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and award the prize to the reserve drawn at the same time as the original winner.
7. There are twenty three prizes on offer. The first prize is £40,000 cash. The second prize is a £4,000 holiday voucher. The 3rd prize is a £2,000 electrical voucher. There are also 20 x £100 M&S vouchers to be won. We reserve the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater value, or at our sole discretion, the cash value of the prize, if this is necessary for reasons beyond our control.
8. If you enter by text message, online or by telephone or if you are a Weekly Lottery player who has been automatically entered, and you are a prize winner, then you would win the whole prize. If you enter by paper ticket and you have purchased the paper ticket from a Children with Cancer UK supporter then you and that supporter will split the prize in half and win half each. For example, if you have entered by purchasing a paper ticket and you win the £40,000 first prize then you would receive £20,000 and the supporter that you purchased your paper ticket from would receive £20,000.
9. All profits from the Summer Grand Draw go to Children with Cancer UK.
10. Children with Cancer UK is not responsible for any delays in bank payments.
11. Players are responsible for providing and (where necessary) updating Children with Cancer UK with their accurate and up to date contact details. No liability is accepted for: any failure or inability to contact a player because of inaccuracies in contact details provided; loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post; delays or failures in software or other systems used by Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager for the administration of the Summer Grand Draw; or any event beyond the reasonable control of the Charity or its External Lottery Manager.
12. Children with Cancer UK reserves the right to use the winner’s name for promotional purposes. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Jones from Berkshire.
13. Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the Summer Grand Draw. Children with Cancer UK operates a Complaints and Disputes Procedure which will be made available to customers upon request.
14. The rules are subject to change by Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager. The latest version of them will be published on the website raffleentry.org.uk/childrenwithcanceruk/rules.
16. By entering the Summer Grand Draw by text message, you agree that we may send you information about our work and future fundraising by text message and that we may follow up with you by phone. You can opt out by texting OPT OUT to 82727.
17. Children with Cancer UK holds customer funds separate from company funds in a separate account. This means that steps have been taken to separate customer funds from business funds but those funds are not protected if Children with Cancer UK becomes insolvent. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the basic level of protection.
18. These terms and conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Summer Grand Draw or these terms and conditions.
The promoter of the Summer Grand Draw is Children with Cancer UK (company number: 04960054) (registered charity number: 298405). Responsible Person: Pippa Ball, 51 Great Ormond Street London WC1N 3JQ.
Licensed by the Gambling Commission under The Gambling Act 2005 www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
Please gamble responsibly. Problem gambling support: The National Gambling Helpline on 0808 802 0133 (lines open 8am to midnight) www.gambleaware.co.uk