Here are some ideas to help you make the most of your Mr. Men and Little Miss Marathon Challenge.
- Set a target and tell everyone how much you and your group are aiming to raise.
- Get everyone involved! The more help you have, the easier your Challenge will be. Use your newsletters, Facebook page and Twitter and Instagram accounts to spread the word far and wide.
- Make sure every child has a sponsorship form. We will include five in your Challenge Pack which you can photocopy and hand out to everyone.
- Send a letter to parents telling them more about the Mr. Men and Little Miss Marathon Challenge and the work that Children with Cancer UK does. Visit our Resources section for a template letter.
- Your local press is a great way to promote your Challenge and to get some extra donations. Use the template press release in our Resources section to let the local paper know about your fundraising.
- Collect money promptly after the Challenge. You may want to choose a specific date to have children return their sponsorship form and money.
- Thank everyone who takes part and everyone who donates. Use the Thank You poster provided in your pack to show everyone how much you raised.
Remember to get permission
Don’t forget, children under 16 must have parental consent to participate in fundraising.
If your Challenge is going to take place outside of your regular premises, you will need permission from the relevant authority or owner.
For example, if your Challenge is a sponsored walk around the local park, you will need permission from the local Council.
Send us your photos
We always love to hear how your fundraising went!
Please do send in your photos and stories by email or by post to:
Post: Children with Cancer UK, 51 Great Ormond Street, London, WC1N 3JQ
Please ensure you have consent from parents to take photographs and to send them to Children with Cancer UK.
Spread the word
Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share your tips and photos with other supporters.
Use #cwcmrmen and #cwclittlemiss to help spread the word.
Like our facebook page to chat to other fundraisers:
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on Instagram: