We are united by a common goal – to save and improve young lives. We are dedicated to keeping administrative and staffing costs low, which means we can devote more of the funds we raise towards vital research and welfare projects. At times we do have occasional employment and volunteering opportunities at our office location.
Salary: £27,000 – £30,000
Contract: Full Time – Permanent
Location: 21-27 Lamb’s Conduit Street, London, WC1N 3NL
Reporting to: Research Grants Manager
Direct reports: N/A
Main purpose of position
Working alongside the Research Grants manager, your role is to further develop Children with Cancer UK and grants programme.
Children with Cancer UK is one of the UK’s largest charities dedicated to understanding what causes children and young people to develop cancer, to develop improved treatments and survival and to provide care for those affected and their families. The Charity’s team is dedicated to putting into practice the aims as laid down by the Charity’s Aims and Objects under the guidance of the Trustees and members of the Scientific Advisory Panel.
Research within the Charity is undergoing an exciting time as the investment into world class medical research has increased. The Research Grants Officer role is designed to strengthen our research grant management process and the administration of our research portfolio.
• Act as the initial contact for active grant holders, dealing with routine enquires.
• Processing and recording of grant payments and assisting the Research Grants Manager with budget forecasts.
• Issue and collect interim reports from grant holders and assist the Research Grants Manager to assess the impact of the research performed.
• Assisting the Research Grants Manager to implement and update relevant best practice procedures to ensure transparent and robust assessment process. Also assist with wider funding policy issues associated with governance.
• Assist in managing records kept on the online grants management system (Flexi Grant) and aid with the implementation of new systems for grants reporting.
• Maintain accurate records both electronically and hard copy.
• Respond to enquiries about the Charity’s funded research from the general public.
• Contribute to achieving the overall objectives of the Charity and support other departments
and events where required.
• Represent the Charity at external events in a professional manner.
• Provide support to the Research Grants Manager into any strategically relevant undertakings.
• Assist and lead on the organisation of research related events including conferences and specialist meetings.
• Assist in ensuring the scientific accuracy of internal and external communications around the research programme, for example in feedback letters, fundraising campaigns, newsletters, website content and press releases.
Applications and deadline:
To apply for this position please forward your CV, plus a covering letter outlining why you think you are right for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org