Make some mouthwatering muffins with this really easy recipe.
They'll be guaranteed to sell out at any Bake Club event.
You can adapt them with fruit, chocolate or whatever takes your fancy.
Our sincere thank you to Jane for sharing her delicious recipe with us.
225g/8oz plain flour 100g/4oz caster sugar
8 tsps baking powder
½ tsp salt
250 ml/ 8oz milk
120ml/4oz sunflower or vegetable oil
Oil for greasing
- Turn on the oven to 200c (400f) gas mark 6
- Stand double paper cases inside each dip in a bun tin, or use oiled muffin tins
- Put the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix
- In a different bowl mix the egg, milk and oil very well with a fork
- Make a dip in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in the liquid ingredients
- Stir together until the dry things are mixed in but it’s all still lumpy – don’t mix too much or the muffins will be tough
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the paper cases or muffin tins until nearly full
- Put carefully in the oven for about 20 minutes. They should look a little brown and feel springy when you press them gently with your finger
- Take out of the oven and let cool
For fruity muffins
Add 200g/7oz of your favourite fruit and ½ tsp cinnamon to the dry flour mixture and carry on as above
Download Jane Asher's American muffins recipe
See more recipes