Here are some ideas to help you make the most of your fundraising for your Cheeky Monkey's Marathon Challenge!
- Set a target and tell everyone how much you are aiming to raise.
- Get everyone involved! The more help you have, the easier your Challenge will be.
- Make sure every child has a sponsorship form.
- Send a letter to parents telling them more about the Cheeky Monkey Marathon Challenge and Children with Cancer UK. Visit our Resources section for a template letter.
- Tell everyone about your event. Use your newsletters, Facebook page or Twitter account to tell people about your Challenge.
- Your local press is a great way to promote your Challenge and to get some extra donations.
- Use the template press release in our Resources section to let the local paper know about your fundraising. Remember to tell people your target and let them know how much they can donate.
- Collect money promptly after the Challenge. You may want to choose a specific date to have children return their sponsorship form and money.
- Thank everyone who takes part and everyone who donates. Use the Thank You poster provided in your pack to show everyone howmuch you raised.
- Put a note in your newsletter to say a special thank you to friends and family.
Read more: Challenge ideas | Step by step guide | Resources
Remember to get permission
Children under 16 must have parental consent to participate in fundraising
If your Challenge is going to take place outside of your regular premises, you will need permission from the relevant authority.
For example, if your Challenge is a sponsored walk around the local park, you will need permission from the local Council.
Send us your stories and photos
We love to hear how you have raised money to support Children with Cancer UK.
The 21st Newham East Scout Group took part in the Cheeky Monkey’s Marathon Challenge and raised a staggering £1,011.16!
Each section of the troop - Beavers, Cubs and Scouts - took part in an Alphabet Memory Challenge. What will you do??
Tell us your success stories and send us your photos!