Who can receive research funding?

19 November 2010

We award grants to institutions such as universities, medical and scientific research centres, and hospitals.

Only researchers based at institutions in the UK can apply for funding. We fund research overseas only if it is part of a collaboration being led from the UK.

Part of the criteria for the award of a grant is that there is adequate infrastructure to support the proposed work.

Read more: Funding opportunities


Where your money goes

Hover over a segment for details