To facilitate dissemination of research findings and encourage collaboration, we provide funding to support relevant conferences, meetings and workshops.
There are now two deadlines in 2016 for submission of applications under this funding stream: Thursday 28th July and Thursday 27th October.
We will provide funding of up to £10,000 to support the cost of conferences where either the whole event or specific sessions are relevant to one or more of our research aims (below).
- Specialist meetings
We will provide funding of up to £10,000 to support the cost of organising small meetings or workshops on specialist topics of relevance to one or more of our research aims (below).
We will fund events taking place both in the UK and overseas. Events taking place overseas must be international in nature and include collaborators from within the UK (although the organisers may be outside the UK).
- We want to understand more about why children develop cancer, to find explanations for the increase in risk and to establish whether prevention is a possibility.
- We want to drive forward the development of novel approaches to diagnosis, identification of markers of likely outcome and improved treatments for childhood cancer in order to tackle those forms which still elude successful treatment and to minimise the risk of adverse, treatment-related effects.
- We want to understand more about the long-term risks faced by childhood cancer survivors, of whom there are now more than 35,000 in the UK.
How to apply
To apply, please read the Guidelines and complete the accompanying application form.
Guidelines for submission of funding requests for conferences and meetings
Funding application form for conferences and meetings
The completed form should be returned along with a copy of the event budget and programme by the following deadlines:
- 5pm on Thursday 28th July 2016 - for a decision by the end of August
- 5pm on Thursday 27th October 2016 - for a decision by the end of November
Email your application to email@example.com
Please address any queries to Neil Meemaduma on 020 7404 0808 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org