Through its Smiles at Christmas appeal, the Sun newspaper asked its readers to donate money and toys to put a smile on the faces of those children that need it most.
Our CEO Cliff O’Gorman said: “We have been overwhelmed by the generosity of Sun readers and the companies who have donated toys.
These special gifts have allowed us to surprise and delight the children who are fighting cancer this Christmas. It’s a wonderful gesture.”
Watch the children’s thank you videos
Some of the children have filmed their thank you.
The stories the Sun published
Bella-Rose helped to launch the Sun’s Smiles At Christmas campaign, while spending time in hospital. But a delivery of toys brought a smile to her face. Read the Sun’s story below about Bella-Rose
Some of the other stories that appeared can be found below:
- How your donations help
- Bella-Rose wants to be home for Christmas this year
- Christmas hero Henry
- Stars get behind the Smiles at Christmas campaign
- A mum’s joy
- The devastating moment a mum was told her baby had leukaemia
- 17 month old Poppy-Mai was diagnosed with a fatal form of cancer
- Ethan was diagnosed with cancer just before his fifteenth birthday
- Little Hazy’s weakened immune system means she’ll spend Christmas in isolation
- See how your donations brought smiles
On behalf of the children and their families, thank you to the Sun, the Sun readers and the companies who donated toys.